Beyond the Feed: Post-Algorithmic Marketing for Growth
In a sea of sameness, Beyond the Feed is the only marketing seminar that relieves you from the stress of trying to game an algorithm for growth by reconnecting you to your creative freedom and business values. It's not an ideological seminar about why you should or shouldn't use social media. It's a seminar that helps demystify what it means to market a business in the 21st century and expand your understanding, perspective, and skills to create a more diverse and impactful marketing plan for growth.
Beyond the Feed is a Marketing program that takes you out of algorithmic thinking and places you back in control of your customer experience and creative output. It is inspired by the idea that most creative businesses are nuanced and therefore marketing efforts should not be approached as a one-size-fits-all. It takes into consideration the role your business plays in your customer’s life, their unique psychographics, and your business goals to build a marketing framework and plan that works.
It’s an empowering look at the fundamentals of business growth and how you can approach your plan from a space of intention over manipulation. Platforms don’t produce what they used to, and the marketing success that most brands saw in early days of social media is no longer replicable. If in the midst of these shifts, you’ve found yourself doubling down instead of stepping back, this program is for you. There are 4 main aspects of this program: Business Goals, Vital Relationships, Core Communication and Amplification.
What graduates are saying:
After completing Beyond the Feed, I realized this was not much different than my relationship to exercising. I spend a lot of time thinking about working out and dreading the act of doing it but when I actually commit to the task at hand, I find myself actually enjoying it and never regretting it. Taking this course has allowed me to change my relationship with marketing. Now, I'm committed to doing it more frequently without everything needing to be perfectly polished in execution before hitting send! --because that feeling is crippling. It helped me take a step back to realize that I was spending most of my energy on the operations of the business and developing new products but not merely enough energy talking and sharing about who we are and what we do. - Virginia Sin, Sin
I knew only as much as I could teach myself about marketing (which I thought was a lot) and suddenly, that wasn't cutting it. Holly's fast-paced BTF class made me feel like I knew NOTHING about marketing, which was terrifying, but also gave me about 1000 tools to change the stagnation that was happening in my business. I kept blaming slowed-down sales on "the algorithm" but now I know that I don't have to be tied to whatever is happening in Instagram HQ. It's taken over a year of hard, consistent work, but I'm finally working through all of the BTF assignments and feel much more confident about the year to come. I feel like I have far more control over my company's financial security, and isn't that the main thing we all want in a landscape that's so unpredictable? - Erica Weiner, Erica Weiner Jewelry
Beyond the Feed completely transformed how we think about marketing our business. It shifted us from being reactive and scattershot, to proactive, intentional, and strategic with our approach. Our marketing now feels less like guesswork - trying every tactic and seeing what sticks - to feeling more deliberate. Better yet, it helped us dig to the core of who we are as a business to strategize a marketing plan that's true to us and our customers, and not to an algorithm. BTF provided us a gameplan that's now central to our marketing approach. There is much value to be gained by going Beyond the Feed! - Brian Doochin & Alex Portera, Rally On Media
Interested? Full details and more student testimonials in the 2023 Program Manual here!
📆 Class runs Monday, September 25th - Friday, September 29th and includes 10 hours of Ask Holly How Lectures, 6 Hours of Participatory Guest Workshops, 4 Study Halls, and a Program Commencement. 🤓 Full details in the 2023 Program Manual.
🤝 Collaborative learning with an intimate group of businesses. 🌀 A mix of lecture, workshop, case-study and the building of a Marketing Plan.
✔️ You'll have access to the recording for up to 1 year along with a number of worksheets and additional resources.
💥 Registration now open! 💲The fee for this program is $2000 and Early Bird Registration is $1800. ➕ Additional team members can join for $750.
This seminar is to reconnect you to your own genius when it comes to deciding how to market your business. I'll help you understand how you decide intentionally where you choose to market your business. We’ll dig much deeper into which platforms really connect you with your consumer community and why. But it goes beyond traditional social media. We’ll take a deeper dive into affiliate marketing, strategic partnerships, cross-promotions, pitching press, and meeting our customers IRL to widen our audience and diversify our strategies to grow. We'll look at everything from financial planning and data analytic, to increasing our own media fluency in order to connect our goals to our marketing strategies, to deepening an understanding of our market and clarifying our messaging all connecting back to our culture.
- Day 1, September 25, 12pm-5:45pmEST
- LECTURE - PREFACE: PURPOSE & VALUES - In this class, we will clarify the core of your company the Ask Holly How way. Setting you up to have the depth of understanding about your company you need to succeed in building your plan.
- LECTURE - BUSINESS GOALS - In the first class, we will clarify our business and marketing goals for growth so we ensure all of the strategies we choose build towards achieving our vision.
- STUDY HALL
- Day 2, September 26, 12pm-5:45pmEST
- LECTURE - VITAL RELATIONSHIPS - This class will help us understand our customers on a deeper level—beyond demographics. We will use the concept of psychographics to identify strategic partners, key network relationships, and opportunities for growth beyond the feed.
- GUEST WORKSHOP - Hailey Murphy, Daly
- STUDY HALL
- Day 3, September 27, 12pm-5:45pmEST
- LECTURE - CORE COMMUNICATION - Once we understand our customers on a deeper level and know who we need to connect to for growth, we'll discover how to shape our message based on benefits and the role our product or service plays in our customer's life.
- GUEST WORKSHOP - Emma Grace Moon, Praize
- STUDY HALL
- Day 4, September 28, 12pm-5:45pmEST
- LECTURE - AMPLIFICATION - Now that we know what we're trying to achieve, who we need to connect with, and how we want to communicate, we'll look at where the best place is to meet our customers that both align with our goals and their psychographics. We'll audit our platforms and look at opportunities beyond the feed—both online and IRL—to build our strategies for growth.
- GUEST WORKSHOP - Marc Rabinowitz, Designer & Educator
- STUDY HALL
- Day 5, September 29, 12pm-2pmEST
- CLOSING REMARKS - Wrapping up the week.
- FINAL Q&A- The last day will include an opportunity to share your key takeaways with a small group of your peers.
You should approach this class with a specific product or service launch in mind or a consideration of a revenue stream you are looking to grow. Throughout the week, students will build a skeleton of a marketing strategy starting with clarifying business goals that you will build on after the class ends. On the final day, you will have the opportunity to present your key takeaways to a small group of your peers to get feedback before you continue to build it out company-wide.